I haven’t been keeping upto date with making notes on the recipes so this is an old post really.
I first trying the Carrot and Cumin soup from the New Covent Garden: A Soup for Every day a few weeks ago. Very nice although hotter than anticipated (slightly too spicy for Aidan although good for the rest of us). Made the soup again recently and reduced the amount of hot paprika, also used cream instead of milk as I had cream to use and the soup wasn’t as nice. So definitely back to original recipe for next time I make carrot soup.
Had a request from the boys that I try a meat soup next time!
- 600g carrots
- 900ml boiling water
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 100ml milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the carrots, onion, garlic, paprika and cumin. Stir then cover and cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the boiling water, bring back to the boil, then cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Blend until completely smooth, then add the milk and lemon juice. Reheat gently, season to taste then serve topped with chives.