This is the first recipe in Rachel Allen’s Bake cookbook and for a long time I didn’t get past that recipe in the book as they were so reliable and I could convince myself they were a healthy snack… They proved to be a particular favourite of Graham who put up our fence (180ft garden so he was working on the fence for quite a while)
- 110g soft butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g porridge oats
- 110g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110g raisins
- Cream the butter and sugars together with a wooden spoon or electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, water and vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, flour, salt and raisins until you have a thick and stciky dough.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized pieced and place onto a lined baking sheet, spaced out.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20mins until light golden brown but still soft.
- Allow to cool for a few mins and then transfer to a wire rack.