This is a recipe book I bought my boys years ago but we never got around to using it. The only way really is to set aside an afternoon for this sort of activity just as I did last w/e for Aidan’s birthday. This really is a great recipe for younger kids as well as teens as no hot sugar is involved and they tasted great, creamy and chocolatey with no ability to detect that their is cream cheese in the recipe. (I doubled up the quantities as the original recipe really wouldn’t have made enough fudge for several teens, these are my quantities)
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- 700g icing sugar
- 2 level tbsp cocoa powder (I always use green & blacks)
- 150g plain chocolate (recipe calls for chocolate drops presumably so they will melt quicker)
- 80g butter
- Use a paper towel to wipe some vegetable oil onto the sides and base of 22cm square cake tin, Line the base with greaseproof paper and wipe the paper as well.
- Put cream cheese into a bowl, sift the icing sugar and coca into the bowl and mix well together.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a separate bowl.
- Add chocolate and butter mix into the cream cheese mixture and beat toegther with a spoon until they are creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin pushing it into the corners, smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Put into the fridge for two hours until it is set
- Turn fudge out onto a chopping board and remove the paper
- Cut into squares
This will keep for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.