Conor bought me Mary Berry’s Baking Biblefor my birthday (suspect he had a hint or two from my sister). Love the book, it’s packed with recipes for every sort of cake you might possibly want. I hadn’t got to making anything but after using muesli instead of oats in Rachel Allen’s Oat and Raisin cookie recipe and not getting quite what I wanted I thought I’d try Mary’s muesli cookie recipe. The results were very pleasant but not what I was after. These were biscuits rather than cookies and not enough muesli to biscuit. What i wanted was a chewy cookie with lots of muesli. If you want a biscuit try these. Edited to add these taste even better after a day or two in the tin.
- 175g softened butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 175g self raising flour
- 175g muesli
- demerara sugar for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease 3 baking trays.
- Put butter, sugar, egg and flour into a large bowl and beat together until well blended and smooth.
- Stir in the muesli.
- Spoon 24-28 teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Sprinkle the top with a little extra muesli and demerara sugar.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-15minutes or until golden brown at the edges. Lift onto a wire rack to cool.