I thought I’d best give my Nigella Express cookbook a few more tries and this sounded nice, plus it didn’t need any hard to find ingredients. I bought chicken thighs rather than fillets so had to fillet the chicken, I couldn’t get pancetta cubes so cut up some streaky bacon instead and I used garlic and oil rather than garlic oil so I would estimate preparation took about 15-20 minutes. It cooks for 20 minutes, so still quite quick. I served it with green beans and plain basmati rice. This was good, I’ll definitely make this again and it looks nicer than in the above picture.
- 1 tbsp garlic flavoured oil
- 110g pancetta cubes, or lardons
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 110ml white wine
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 (400g) can cannellini beans, optional
- Put the garlic oil into a pan with the pancetta, sliced spring onions and chopped rosemary and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bite-sized chicken pieces, stirring well and sprinkle in the celery salt. Pour in the wine and let it come to a bubble before adding the tomatoes, bay leaves and sugar. Put the lid on and let the pan simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, if using and add to the pan about 10 minutes before the end of cooking. When they have warmed through, you are ready to eat.