I don’t need to look up a recipe to make a Greek salad but I thought it would be useful to post one up so I can direct my boys to it when I want them to make up a Greek salad for dinner.
These quantities make enough for 6 people (or 4 with leftovers for lunch the next day) and it takes about 10 minutes to make. We had this salad together with with a piece of pitta and humus each and some grilled halloumi cheese for dinner tonight.
- 1 cucumber
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions
- 200g feta cheese
- handful pitted black olives
- 3 generous slugs of olive oil
- Slice or chunk cucumber and put in large salad bowl
- cut tomatoes in half, cut out the core then cut each half into 3 pieces and put into salad bowl with cucumber
- Peel red onions, cut in half then cut each half into thin slices and put into salad bowl
- Put three good slugs of olive oil over salad and toss
- Cut up feta cheese into cubes and put on top
- Cut or tear olives in half and put on top
- Toss salad gently to mix a bit more