This soup is so simple to make and another delicious soup from Avoca, quantities below serve 6. Roasting the peppers brings out their natural sweetness which gives this soup its extra depth of flavour. If I had fresh tomatoes I’d be tempted to roast them as well.
- 1 onion – peeled & chopped
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 750ml veg or chicken stock
- 400g tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- Sprig thyme
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 red peppers, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1tsp lime (or lemon) juice
- If peppers are not yet roasted, turn oven up to 200C, deseed peppers and put peppers in to oven to roast
- Saute the onion in the olive oil for about 10 mins, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Then add the stock, tomatoes, thyme, tomato puree, cinnamon and simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir in the roasted peppers and then puree the soup in a blender.
- Reheat gently, add the juice to taste and check seasoning.
looks yummy – i could really go for some soup right about now!
This looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing! I’ve got another to do now on my list. A thumbs up from a fellow foodie! ~ ayoungfoodie.wordpress.com