I needed to make a nice lunch for vegetarian guests where one has a nut allergy (but no problem with seeds) so decided to make some salads and soup from the Avoca Cafe Cookbook. I made the roasted carrot and roasted pepper soup I blogged a little while back, Carrot salad, tomato and mozarella, a bean salad and baked brown rolls.
The carrot salad was very simple to make (especially using the magimix processor). I made a variation by adding courgette but kept everything else the same. The courgette made it look pretty (looks better than in the picture).
- 4 coarsely grated carrots
- 2 coarsely grated courgettes
- French dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Toast sesame seeds in dry frying pan
- Mix carrots and courgettes, add all but a tsp sesame seeds
- Add dressing and toss
- Top with remaining sesame seeds