Despite ending up with a larger turkey than ordered we did’t have enough turkey left to make a curry. We did have a lot of the sage and onion stuffing that was inside the bird so I decided to make a turkey and stuffing pie. We had leftover gravy on Christmas day so we’d frozen a pack of about 500ml which I go out of the freezer to go in the pie. Since this was very definitely leftover pie I decided to throw in some leftover cranberry sauce as well.
This pie was seriously delicious, it will be the first thing I make with leftovers next Christmas.
Serves 4 – 6 people.
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion
- 1 stick celery
- 500g cooked turkey & stuffing
- 500ml gravy
- 5 -6 tbsps cranberry sauce
for shortcrust pastry
- 350g plain flour
- 200g cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 small egg for egg wash
- Make Shortcrust pastry
- Roll out just over 1/2 pastry and base line 23cm pie dish
- Place cooked turkey and stuffing in pie dish
- Heat gravy and add cranberry sauce to taste, simmer for 15mins approx to reduce
- Pour gravy over filling
- Roll out remainder of pastry for pie topping, place on top and make small hole in middle to let steam out whilst cooking
- Bake for 30-35 minutes