In my last post I mentioned I was baking afternoon tea for someone with dairy, egg and nut allergies. Whilst I’m still searching for the perfect butter flapjack recipe I reasoned I could substitute butter for a dairy free spread that did not have a high water content and not go too far wrong.
These were good, not as good as butter flapjacks and they were quite sticky but my godson loved them, ate lots at tea and took every flapjack that hadn’t been eaten home with him 😀
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g/9oz soft light brown sugar
- 250g/9oz dairy-free margarine
- 450g/16oz rolled porridge oats
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Put golden syrup, sugar and margarine into large saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Add the oats to the pan and mix well.
- Place in greased and lined traybake tin press down then bake for 15 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 mins before turning out.
- Slice into portions.