I was making a big batch of the Avoca Roasted Red Pepper and Carrot soup to put in bags in the freezer for my husbands aunt when I noticed a butternut squash that needed using. Initially I thought I might throw it into the soup but realised Mary would rater have some variety in the soup so decided to make a Roasted Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Onion soup. This is delicious and without making the Avoca soups I wouldn’t have thought of this sort of combination.
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Butternut Squash
- 3-4 red onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5 litre Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel & deseed the butternut squash then cut into chunks.
- Peel onions and cut into quarters.
- Peel Garlic and cut into half.
- Put olive oil into a couple of roasting pans and split the butternut squash, onions and garlic between the two trays.
- Roast in oven for approximately 30mins.
- Put Stock in large saucepan and add roasted vegetables, paprika and cumin.
- Blend, heat through, add slat and pepper to taste and serve.